Sunday, April 11, 2010

April in the Garden

Alysium and a Sedum at the front of the garden bed looking good together.
Geranium in a hanging basket on the front veranda. I'm not sure what this one is called. I think I might have bought it at a small nursery in Clare.

The plum trees have put on an amazing amount of height this summer, this one is a Greengage, the other (not seen) a Golden Drop. You can see some of our borrowed landscape with gum trees and Norfork Island pines in the backdrop.


The Rose hips in the courtyard. I'm sure I could do something with these. Rosehip jelly?





Seedings. Pak Choy grows very well in the Garden.



Trying French beans for the first time.




There are several Salvias flowering at the moment. They are very drought tolerant and really add to the beauty of the garden.
Autumn is a lovely time in the garden but there are so many jobs to do and so little time to do it!
Today weeding and cutting back and clearing, taking out the last Zucchini and Rocket that had gone to seed and preparing some ground for planting. I am going to try some Garlic, from a bulb I bought at the Grange organic market a few weeks ago.






No comments: